Re: [ox-en] Labor contradictions

Stefan,

I'm very interested in an elaboration of your thoughts on this: why is ownership not crucial.

Eben Moglen says we for the first time have the opportunity to change the world without violent expropriation of the means of production, but I'm not aware of the underlying principles of this conviction.

I believe that I largely share them, 'intuitively', but also would have trouble formulating why. I think that largely it is best to avoid violence, which not only produces backlash but also changes the practices of those using them; and that there is a lot we can do 'routing around' the obstacle of formal property. I notice also that the great tactical advances of GPL and CC are using property in a jiu jitsu way ...

Thanks for any extra thoughts,

Michel

Don't you think that this link is a key element to achieve the
"triple-free peer production", defined by Tere Vaden (23.11.2007) as
including "the ownership [not the best term] of the means
of

 production
down to the level of electricity, the physical infra, etc."?

No, I don't think this link is crucial.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs