Re: [ox-en] Re: [ox-en] Re: Material peer production (was: Re: [ox-en] Motto for the 4th conference)

If you think the non-reciprocal aspects of peer
production is confused,

see
http://p2pfoundation.net/Relational_Model_Typology_-_Fiske

and try to explain how the free contributions to free
software and the wikipedia can be explained in any
other way than through what fiske calls communal
shareholding

of course, part of the issue may be semantics, neither
benkler nor me, and I don't think the stefan's of
oekonux, use peer production as simply referring to
production amongst equals, which could also apply to
cooperatives

that is NOT what is commonly understood under peer
production

however, there are interpretations of it as a gift
economy, but that just doesn't work in explaining peer
production

the author of le communisme liberal is dead now, I do
have some reading notes 'somewhere', I will try to
look them up and see if they are in english ...

basically the scheme is one whereby every corporation
is owned by both its workers (less than half) and its
consumers/users (more than half, since price is more
than cost); this insures that these corporations are
working for social needs, and the market is
'integrated' inside the corporation (since user demand
is automatically included),not an external feature of
society

Michel
Michel
--- Dmytri Kleiner <dk telekommunisten.net> wrote:

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 05:52:00 -0800 (PST), Michael
Bauwens
<michelsub2003 yahoo.com> wrote:

However, I was hoping that you would frame it vis
a vis the
non-reciprocal
nature of peer production as in free software
etc...

I don't see peer production as being non-reciprocal,
I think this is a
confused understanding, I simply see it as being
production among
commons-based equals.

I think you should read

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index.asp?navig=catalogue&obj=livre&no=19635
, a book about 'le communisme liberal' which has a
very similar approach

I would love to, however I can not read French. if
you have any information
as to what they are proposing, I would love to know.

Cheers.

--
Dmytri Kleiner
editing text files since 1981

http://www.telekommunisten.net

The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer alternatives.

Wiki and Encyclopedia, at http://p2pfoundation.net; Blog, at http://blog.p2pfoundation.net; Newsletter, at http://integralvisioning.org/index.php?topic=p2p

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview at  http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html; video interview, at http://www.masternewmedia.org/news/2006/09/29/network_collaboration_peer_to_peer.htm

Be a better friend, newshound, and