Re: [ox-en] Re: Effort Sharing

hi Christian & all,

Reward (Euro) = time * required knowledge * quality of the completed task

Expressed in Vodes:

CV = LV * IV-xxx * q

one of the benefits of such a general reward formula is that it allows a
pluralistic (encompassing the main production and consumption
forces/functions) community to collectively and democratically (and imv
quite efficiently) distribute community wealth by setting ("voting on")
key economic exchange values:

Important Economic Decision_1 (to set the exchange value of time on
Vodes.Net in Western Europe)

"What is the maximum a person in Western Europe should earn per hour for
cleaning up at a VN Event and putting average efforts into this task?"

Conceptually, IV-bas = 1 (it does not require much knowledge to clean)
and q = 1 (average task fulfillment)

i need to think more about your statement on the suggested "peer
changes" and how/if they (will) affect this formula. thx for your
inspiration, Christian!

Neither reward nor earnings exist in my model.

personally, i think that reward per se is not the problem, but rather when it becomes the driving force. what is your view on developers with a "donation" button on their site?

i dont think the latter (that money becomes the driving force) will occur within our project because at this early point its uncertain if there is a reward at all (right now contributors only get points/vodes - those points are redeemable in order of its creation date into money when we manage to get some sponsors). even later, there will also be a time delay between task fulfillment and payout. in other words, i think the time delay/uncertainty between the task and the actual reward prevents the "wrong" people from contributing. but, personally, i find it very interesting to see what the formula and its framework brings in a business atmosphere.

how do you define "reward"? i assume, in this respect you primarily have money in mind but not community recognition for instance.

i took a look at your hint system and on the first sight it corresponds to pretty much what is going to happen within interest fraction-objectivity ("collective brain" if you will). there, we ask specific questions (i.e. give hints) and skilled people can comment and provide their expert knowledge on this. imv, the reward formula (time * knowledge * quality) holds true there too; on the left side of the equation, though, is not CV (money) but something that reflects "commmunity recognition" (e.g. a title or something similar). i am open to suggestions. :)

best,

--
CoreteamVN
Gartengasse 21