Re: [ox-en] There is no such thing like "peer money"

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 7:55 PM, Franz Nahrada <f.nahrada reflex.at> wrote:

Sam Rose writes:

So, I guess I do agree with you that markets/money could plausibly cease
exist because they become obsolete, but I don't see it happening for
everything, because there will still be a chunk of people who will be with
us for a long time that will think money/markets are the best way to solve
problems. But I could see it becoming diminished, and even not the
dominant
paradigm eventually.

Yes.

So we should write on our banners:

"Our goal is not primarily to create a new system. We just reclaim the
freedom to leave the current one".

and that is dead serious. Never before in history was a constitution based
on the repressive enforcement of a certail type of economic relations
between people. The worst part of the Lisbon treaty and European
constitution attempts is that it enforces one ubiquitous system of market
economy and market relations.

That is a really plausible goal. As I wrote earlier, I think that we have
the building blocks, the legal basis, basically the ability to implement
this now. The biggest obstacle is that a lot of people do not realize, and
they lack literacies for navigating new systems like this (they do not
understand the concept of a commons, how they could transition into
participating, etc)

Franz

Sam Rose
Social Synergy