RE: Money as a dominant social relation (was: Re: [ox-en] There is no such thing like "peer money")

[1  <text/plain; iso-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]

Depends what you mean by money.

If you mean coinage or banknotes and all that follows, these have a clear
origin with Lydia in the west in the 8th C bc and with the spade and hoe tokens
issued by the chinese empire.

The origin of money is closely linked with state finance. It is a myth that
it originates with barter.

Inghams book 'The Nature of Money' gives a good account, see also the work
of the economist Randall Wray.
A summary is in http://pavlina-tcherneva.net/papers/Arestis-Sawyer-Chapter%2005.pdf
Paul Cockshott
Dept of Computing Science