Re: [ox-en] Re: Money as a dominant social relation

Michel,

It is discussions like this that the "mess"-type wikis are really useful
for, like those that I have shown you in the past (http://communitywiki.org
http://www.usemod.com/cgi-bin/mb.pl?MeatballWiki  the original wiki
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WelcomeVisitors  as examples)

This is because all of us, including myself are only really covering part of
the overall picture, and we are getting caught on language and how to
translates to reason. I have found it so much easier to come to a shared
understanding, even in debate, to try and refactor discussion into a
shared-statement (there are many, many, many debates that end up leading to
shared meaning and understanding on the wikis mentioned above)

http://www.communitywiki.org/WhatIsMoney is a great example. In email it is
hard to create a "Pattern Language" like this. hard to do
http://www.communitywiki.org/ArgumentPyramids and
http://www.communitywiki.org/TheoryBuilding in email threads.

I see that pretty much every contributor to this discussion has a valid
point in relation to some actual contexts, and that the broader picture of
what we are talking about is too complex for any of the individual more
narrow generalizations that we have been applying to it (including my own).