Re: [ox-en] Re: "At Cost"

Patrick Anderson wrote:
The reason I confine my argument to the somewhat brutish concepts of
property ownership and contract law is because those avenues are
realistic 'handles' or 'footholds' or maybe even think of them as a
way to form a 'petri dish' that we can then use in Juijitsu manner (as
RMS's GNU GPL does with Copyright) to work against those that
currently use ownership in immoral ways to subjugate others.

I don't think this is a useful approach. A license agreement (with a copyright) is a device that exists within a given legislation. It depends on it. However, human(e) relationships may be tainted by the dominant mode of production, but the Free Software community is a wonderful example of them not being confineable. Also, I quite havily disagree with your introduction of moral terms into this. What makes usage of 'ownership to subjugate others' 'immoral' ? And, I might add, according to whose moral system ?

Instead of simply condemning property rights and any Terms of
Operation that may be enforced through that ownership, I am trying to
use them to our advantage by:

Again, I don't think this is about 'condemning' property rights, but about understanding how restricting they are to society. Moral terms are always relative to a particular group of people, so you can't apply them globally. Unless you think the moral system itself is more fundamental than the reality you try to apply it to. :-)

Regards,