Re: [ox-en] Re: BitTorrent and tit for tat

I admit I don't really know the technicalities, but it was once explained to
me that the bittorrent scheme is not about the amount of bandwidth, but
about the willingness to share. If you only download files, but close down
your system for sharing, your speed would be slow, but the more you share,
the faster your own download time.

Correct?

In any case, it does not seem to be an exchange of equivalents in a
marketplace, but some form of mild incentivisation to nudge good behaviour,
and no one is ever excluded from Bittorrent.

Michel