Re: [ox-en] There is no such thing as "equal exchange" - respect instead of money

Giving and getting recommendations (or respect) in a reciprocal or
generalized exchange is an ancient common social practice.  I can recommend
you if you recommend me back, or I can recommend you without expecting that
you recommend me back. This is a common social practice and can happen as a
reciprocal exchange or as a generalized (non-reciprocal) exchange.

Someone who is highly political can accumulate a lot of so-called "respect"
without having any moral or intellectual merit.

Try to solve that!

i.e. how do you ensure that respect in society flows not based on political
favoritism but based on rational thought.