Re: [ox-en] Re: The nature of apple trees

Hi Sefan and all !

you can't say that P2P  means illegal copying of digital products.

It's a way to exchange digital information (not necessarily illegal)
in a decentralized form.
Instead of everybody getting the information from a central points, each peer
makes available the parts it already got, and gets what it lacks from
other peers.

I wonder if p2p systems can work with anything else than digital information.

I think part of the economical troubles might come as well from the
difficulty to give a
price to digital products.
For a manufactured product, you can add the cost of the goods you used
to make it
+ electricity + shipment + cost of labor + whatever_you_think_is_right
and that for
each and everyone of the products you will ship.

For a digital product, you have an initial cost, and copying it costs
virtually 0.
How much should one pay for it ?