From: Stefan Meretz <stefan meretz.de>
Date: Tuesday, February 8, 2011 9:39 pm
Subject: Re: [ox-en] WikiLeaks and peer production?
To: list-en oekonux.org

On 2011-02-07 17:57, Stefan Merten wrote:
I wonder whether it is possible to draw a connection between
WikiLeaks and peer production as we understand it here.

At first glance there seems to be hardly a connection. But may be
some of you have other ideas?

In my view *Leaks _is_ peer-production: They produce
transparency of
governmental or private secrets, they act in peer mode, they are
fed by
contributions and not by exchange, selbstentfaltung (self-
directed
passion) is the individual driver.

One might say that *Leaks is only operating in reaction to the
old
system, however, from a more general point of view *Leaks is
offering an
information distribution infrastructure which may play a role in
a free
society too.

Ciao,

Start here: www.meretz.de