Re: [ox-en] Leftist and other capitalist ideologies and peer production

Hi Diego and all!

6 days ago Diego Saravia wrote:
The following is a modified version of a point I'm trying to make in
the CSPP journal list. I reacted to a call for papers which IMHO
projects too much left ideology into peer production namely Free
Software.

I do not see that relationship, there are people form the left and
from the right in FS Movement.

This exactly matches my perception.

For me this is another important reason to *not* see Free Software or
other peer production as a leftist phenomenon. In fact I know many
important Free Software people who very much dislike to be put into
any leftist corner. I'd like leftists to accept this - and stop
projecting their visions into peer production.

That the actors in peer production don't fit into a scheme of the
ancient regime in spe is also interesting. Though it is not a
sufficient condition it is a necessary condition for being the actors
of something new.