Re: [ox-en] Leftist and other capitalist ideologies and peer production

Hi Lehor and all!

Yesterday Lehor Meius wrote:
I have never written in this list, and I'm in it just out of
curiosity.

Welcome :-) .

But I think the difference between peer production's common
mode of organization (say, Cathedral model / "benevolent
dictatorship") and left/anarchist organization's commitment to radical
democracy is caused by fact that peer production operates mostly in
virtual space, where new "resource base" or "means of production" can
be created with a few commands to computer. The traditional Left,
however, operates in material world where resources are finite and
access to means of production limited.

I agree to what StefanS said.

I'd like to add that in every project there are non-tangible assets
which are limited. For instance: What direction does a project follow?
In Free Software projects this is always a question and there are
certainly decisions which exclude other decisions. So the direction of
a Free Software project is something which is limited.

This also applies to say Wikipedia. The direction of Wikipedia is much
debated and it is not easy to fork Wikipedia successfully. And it has
been tried a couple of times - one instance is the citizendium which
never took off.

The longer I think of it the less I see the difference...