Message 00295 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: [jox] Re: Skins for the journal site

Hi Mathieu and all!

2 days ago Stefan Merten wrote:
2 days ago Mathieu ONeil wrote:
I don't mind this: http://plone.org/products/stanch though its not very jolly I'm afraid.

Will add it when I'm online again.

I'm sorry but this is a very outdated theme. I don't think it'll work
with modern Plone installations.

However, it is a two-column theme with a left sidebar and a main
content area. Is that what appealed to you?

Also: The colors can be changed relatively easy. They are set by a CSS
which can be adapted as needed. This applies to other stuff
configurable by CSS, too.

In terms of structure there does not seem to be much flexibility - most of the skins I looked at had basically one narrow column with login boxes, calendar and a wider main column with some text.

I don't know how much flexibility in the general structure is
possible. I guess the structure consists basically of a main area, a
top area and one or two columns on the left and/or right.

I still think this. But there are lots of products allowing to
structure the main area further. See

	http://plone.org/products/by-category/layout
	http://plone.org/products/by-category/media
	http://plone.org/products/by-category/basic%20content%20types

However, until I know what is needed it makes little sense to suggest
something.

Message 00295 [Homepage] [Navigation]