From: "George N. Dafermos" <georgedafermos yahoo.com>
Date: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 6:06 pm
Subject: Re: [jox] Re: Skins for the journal site
To: journal oekonux.org

Hi everyone,

----- Original Message ----
From: Mathieu ONeil <mathieu.oneil anu.edu.au>
To: journal oekonux.org
Sent: Sun, April 11, 2010 5:05:35 PM

[...]
@ George D: any news
on those texts you mentioned we could practise peer reviewing
on? We now have a
password protected site to post text to...

Sorry for taking so long but had been away for the past fifteen
days and just got back today so i will try to post them to the
wiki tonight. however, they are quite longish: for example, the
first one is about 10700 words, so formatting it might be
difficult and rather time-consuming. but since i already have it
in html, i suppose it's not going to be that much of a
problem.

as for the templates: i had a look at the various plone
themes/templates but i can't say i liked any of them (perhaps
with the sole exception of the olives theme). what however i
liked the least about them is that none seemed to be
aesthetically appropriate for a journal..

matthieu nailed the problem when he referred to the calendar,
which is a design element/feature i don't think we need. on the
other side, i think we need to ask ourselves whether the
modifications required to turn the generic plone template/theme
into something we could use for the purpose of publishing a
journal can be made relatively easily or whether that would
necessitate the expenditure of countless hours of tweaking..

best,
g.

****
Dr Mathieu O'Neil
Adjunct Research Fellow
Australian Demographic and Social Research Institute
College of Arts and Social Science
The Australian National University
email: mathieu.oneil[at]anu.edu.au
web: http://adsri.anu.edu.au/people/visitors/mathieu.php