From: Graham Seaman <graham theseamans.net>
Date: Monday, May 10, 2010 11:03 pm
Subject: Re: [jox] New layout options
To: journal oekonux.org
Cc: Stefan Merten <smerten oekonux.de>

Is it possible to stop the deluge of mails Plone generates for every
minor change? It's annoying at the moment, but I can see it becoming
unbearable once processing really ramps up...

I now changed the rules for the automatic subscription to only match
items in the folder called "Latest submissions". This matches the
original intention better.

In any case: This features is built on the hierarchical structure of
the site. I.e.: The easiest way would be to have a single folder where
*every* change should be notified and once an item is past this it is
moved somewhere else.

Last week (7 days ago) Stefan Merten wrote:
What I can configure is on which events a mail is sent. I can choose
from

* creation

  Whenever a new item is created.

* modification

  Whenever a modification is done to an existing item. This may be a
  bit bulky due to heavy edit sessions.

* workflow transition

  Since we are not using workflows yet this is not a useful option
  yet. But it can be in the future.

I saw there is also another option where you can check for arbitrary
conditions. One option would be to abuse the comment feature you can
use to comment an edit for triggering an email or not. For instance if
one adds a comment the mail is triggered and is not if no comment is
given.

In any case: I'm trying to tell what options are technically
available. Next time please make suggestions on which options you
would find useful.

Message 00372 [Homepage] [Navigation]