Message 00623 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: [jox] Tr : Re: [Air-L] CFP: Expanding the frontiers of hacking

Hi ye all
I ve written about the ethical debate in hacktivism myself on my chapter on
sociopolitical cyberconflict
http://works.bepress.com/athina_karatzogianni/4/, but also a good reference
here, and I think it takes a wonderful take on the issue is *Graham
Meikle* (2008)
'Electronic Civil Disobedience and Symbolic Power' in Athina
*Karatzogianni* (ed.)
*Cyber-conflict and Global Politics*, London: Routledge.

I would worry about the comment, if I have to be honest, the person who made
it sounds a bit too ignorant about the debates Gabriella is referring too,
and I am sure the call is taking a specific side to this and it is more than
obvious for those in the know. You dont have to explain for the ignoramus.
Whoever gets it, gets it. Better still whoever doesnt, will stay well
clear.....

Cheers

Athi