Re: [ox-en] this list

Paul wrote:

Stefan ,

You recommend me to look in the german list ,
well, i can read german, and i allready have
browsed a bit through the archive .

I guess your german is probably much better than mine.
My steps at the moment are:
1.Glance at the german email
2.If appears interesting, put through a translator
and get english/gibberish out
3. If still appears interesting print and sit down with dictionary
later.

2 above is time consuming and I wonder if it could be automated.
My current steps are:
a. Open window on translator (eg http://translator.go.com)
b. Open window on Oekonux archive
c. Open separate window on selected email (to get the url)
d. Paste url into translator url box
e. Laugh at resulting translation

What I'm wondering is, if there is a translator that could
be called automatically from the archive listing with the
particular url as parameter, and if so, how hard this would be
to add to the archive page? I guess it would take someone who
knew the insides of MhonArch to do it....
(ie generate a link lablled 'translate' next to each email
in the archive list with url http://translationservice?url=emailurl )

Related to this, does anyone have any idea what the best translation
service for German->English is, and whether there are any non-commercial ones?

Graham