practice or theory? (was: [ox-en] a flame of sorts)

Hi Petr and all,

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 09:34:42PM -0500, petr pomorov wrote:
BF> I think you have
BF> all right in the world not to be interested in theorizing, and to start
BF> your own discussions on more concrete topics-- great if you do! If you
BF> think you know a more productive way to do things, say so, but don't be
BF> disappointed if others don't feel so.
I think i have stressed my opinion on the the need for direct action quite enogh, so as
not to sound like a manic preacher, i'll skip the repetition.

Maybe you can look of this problem of practice or theory from a little
bit different point (and maybe you call this view theoretical ;-):

The base of all this stuff of Free Software and oekonux is, that our
society is changing from processing of material more and more towards
processing of information. What you call "direct action" would be not
long before highly theoretical and what you call today "fruitless
therorizing" may be the direct action of the future.

Basically we do all the same: Reading and writing. Consuming and
producing information and knowledge.

Benni