[ox-en] Re: English link page

Hi Chris!

Things like this normally go to the `projekt oekonux.de' list. But
then ;-) ...

Thanks for your inspiring ideas :-) .

Last week (8 days ago) Chris Croome wrote:
On Fri 31-Jan-2003 at 12:25:36AM [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED], Stefan Merten wrote:

	http://www.oekonux.de/projekt/links.html

* Someone checks out which links point to English content.

If the links have this attribute added:

    hreflang="en"
Foo</a>

Then it might make the task of automating something easier.

But this would be no valid HTML :-( .

And as I said: Someone needs to check the links. This is too difficult
to automate for a one time task - isn't it :-( .

* [Your idea here]

You could also add this CSS to the head (only works in Mozilla but
this is good enough for me :-)

  a[hreflang="en"]:after {
    padding-left: 0.2em;
    padding-right: 0.2em;
    color: white;
    background: red;
    font-weight: bold;
    font-size: smaller;
    content: "[English Link]";
  }

And after each link to an english language site you get a bit of
text saying [English Link].

For example the source for the first entry looks this way:

  * Die {{[jump="http://openmusic.linuxtag.org/"]OpenMusic}}-Initiative
    konzentriert sich auf die Erstellung von {{2:Lizenzen für Musik}}.
    Die Initiative ist auf die Frage ausgerichtet, wie mit Musik Geld
    verdient werden kann.

After the `jump' attribute I could consistently add another one and
produce (next to) any HTML we find useful.

I might have a go at doing this myself...

I saw the attempt you forwarded to me. Yes it works for Mozilla :-) .

In fact if all internal links _don't_ start with http: then this
following CSS would save having to code in all those images of the
globe for remote links (URI of image file would need changing):

Don't worry. There is no hand coding involved. For what is a computer
good for if not to do such things? Actually the `http:' prefix or not
triggers the picture when the HTML page is generated.

You can see the above in action on my home page (in Mozilla of
course), in fact I was inspired to do it from seeing it on the
Oekonux site:

  http://chris.croome.net/

I found this on

	http://www.matterform.com/qbullets/

and found it a great idea. Of course I automated that :-) .