WSIS activities (was: Re: [ox-en] It's quite around here!)

Hi Alan and all!

Last week (13 days ago) Alan Toner wrote:
We're working on the World Summit on the Information Society, and will
focus partially on the EUCD, as well as wifi, free software etc. Anyone
have any thoughts on the International Telecommunications Union or the
WSIS?

I'm a bit involved in the preparations of the German civil society for
the WSIS. However, at the moment I'm not planning to get really
involved there.

However, it seems to be an interesting process because the relations
between states and civil society are questioned and civil society
wants to have a say in what is going on. I can't say whether this has
something to do with the topic information society or this is by
chance. However, it would perfectly fit in the Oekonux theory if there
is a link between the topic information society and the expressed will
and the activities of the civil society to be part of the process.