Re: Theft WAS Re: [ox-en] The term "intellectual property"

Graham Seaman wrote:

Proudhon took part in the debate over intellectual property ... in the specific case of copyright his argument was
that:

1. The author of a text is initially the owner of all rights in it.
2. The author may sell these rights; eg. to a publisher
3. As soon as anyone has published the text, ownership has been transferred to the public.

If right, that's exactly the proposal of Boldrin and Levine now.

Thanks Graham. I was not aware of any of this.

I wrote:

May be we should unfold Proudhon's thoughts in to this thread.

May be they already are ;)

Best

--
Adam