Re: Documentation Standards was Re: [ox-en] UserLinux

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 07:22:05AM [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED], august wrote:
I'm probably going to get pummeled for this, but I also have a
problem with RMS's "freeness". RMS is basically a capitalist.  he
doesn't really say it, but my guess is the objects of trade in RMS's
world of free software have something to do with ego and
recognition.

You're free to guess what you want. I don't think RMS is too concerned
with the objects of trade. His position, or at least that of the FSF,
is that software freedom is an ethical and philosophical issue:
software needs to be free because people need freedom. How the
software gets produced isn't really the important bit.

I certainly think creative work should be reworded, but find RMS's
stance to be old-skool, wierdly neo-liberal, and immature (in good
and bad ways).

I'd say it's broadly defined enough to include all the above but by no
means be limited by them. In terms of RMS's personal politics (which
have nothing to do with the FSF) you can check out his website at
http://www.stallman.org

Regards,
Mako

--