Re: Fwd: Re: [ox-en] Walther

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 06:02:22PM [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED], Martin Hardie wrote:
so the use of debian products for rascist work is ok for debian....
by using debian he associates debians products with rascism

On Wednesday 25 February 2004 17:41, Dale Amon wrote:
On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 04:37:20PM [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED], Martin Hardie wrote:
or is good code more important than this sort of stuff?

Yes, as long as his personal beliefs are kept outside
of Debian. I think a severe warning to keep his politics
outside of Debian would be sufficient.

Debian is useable by anyoen. Let's not go down that
road or you'll have everyone trying to decide who is
allowed to use what software for what purpose and since
practically everyone hates *someone*, the whole endeavour
dies.

The software is just there for all to use on an
equal basis. Even an al Qaeda member can use debian...
although I'd shoot them dead on sight if I met them in
person. But that would have nothing to do with Debian or
Debian use or Debian policy or Debian anything.

That's why there are very wise rules in Debian and GPL
in general to make software freely available to *all*
persons.

Why don't we drop this thread and leave it to the
list maintainer?

   Dale Amon     amon islandone.org    +44-7802-188325
       International linux systems consultancy
     Hardware & software system design, security
    and networking, systems programming and Admin
	      "Have Laptop, Will Travel"