Re: Fwd: Re: [ox-en] Walther

Debian is useable by anyoen. Let's not go down that
road or you'll have everyone trying to decide who is
allowed to use what software for what purpose and since
practically everyone hates *someone*, the whole endeavour
dies.

This is not about personal dislike. It is about the dubious claim that Floss
is "apolitical" whilst at the same time claiming to be beyond capital or a
new "mode of production".  Walther just came and put his ugly face in this
list. Now someone here has said we should kick him. He is a personal
incarnation of the theoretical discussion we are having. If Floss is what it
says it is it isPOLITICAL and political choices must be made. If Debian is
used to build a new torture machine for use by your government or ayone else
- is that OK as long as they don't mention it within Debian. Thats ounds like
- its ok to have nazis around to dinner as long as they dont mention their
views.... liberal rationalism gone mad.....

The software is just there for all to use on an
equal basis. Even an al Qaeda member can use debian...

well not according to US EXport Laws they cannot if they get it in the
"unfree" world. This is false. software is only "free" for people within the
US declared free world.

although I'd shoot them dead on sight if I met them in
person.

Well dont come here. At the local restauraunt I sometimes go to  the head
waiter wears an "Osama is my hero" T shirt. I think it is better to ask why
do they do what they do anyway. Its tied up with globalisation, capital and
the imperial kingdom. But that is another matter. In any event I can't equate
a liberator with a nazi...one persons terrorist may be anothers freedom
fighter ... but one persons nazi is also another persons nazi

Why don't we drop this thread and leave it to the
list maintainer?

ha ha

--

http://openflows.org/~auskadi/

"Mind you, I am not asking you to bear witness to what you believe false,
which would be a sin, but to testify falsely to what you believe true - which
is a virtuous act because it compensates for lack of proof of something
that certainly exists or happened." Bishop Otto to Baudolino in Umberto Eco's
Baudolino.