Re: [ox-en] Re: Assorted topics

On 16 Mar 2004, greenrd greenrd.org wrote:
I don't know what kind of Alice in Wonderland discussions these
posts are related to, but it seems abundantly clear that most of it,
if not all of it, is totally off-topic to this list.
=20
You should read them more closely. I take them as an allegorical=20
illustration of the dynamics of cooperative production. Why do you=20
think there were versioned jumpers?
=20
You should try reading the "I Ching", then come back to us.

Hey, I've used the I Ching, Liber 777, chaoist magick, and a bunch of
other such materials - and not just for generating project plans. I
still need focus and relevance...

Woah there! Some of us are just too analytically-minded to understand
that stuff.

And some of us wade through a lot of email, and have to budget our time
for reading things like ox-en (which is why we don't read mailing lists
about conference organisation - get enough of that from the London
Social Forum...) - so whilst we will occasionally get chance to dig
through long emails, think about them and respond, we're much more
likely to end up ignoring them...

For us simpletons, a demonstration of relevance is necessary,
otherwise we just go around thinking "These guys are offtopic - what
are they=20 talking about??".

At least put your analytic argument in at the beginning, as well as
providing the (useful for other purposes) allegorical stuff.

Please try and see our point of view.

cheers, Rich.

--
rich walker | technical person | Shadow Robot Company | rw shadow.org.uk
front-of-tshirt space to let     251 Liverpool Road   |