Re: [ox-en] Jacques Wajnsztejn's new book

Michael Bauwens wrote:
I may have missed some previous messages but I'm not sure I understand what non-value production means ...

How can one produce something that is non-valuable? negative value such as pollution crime

Value that is not recognized (domestic production)

Value that is not tradeable (use value) ...

thanks for specifying,

In my case I'm referring to exchange value, in the sense of labour
theories of value. I guess a rough synonym of 'non-value production'
would be 'non-commodity production', but the word 'commodity' is again
understood in a more-or-less marxist sense.

I believe that in this sense software in general is not a commodity, and
does not have value. Most people here disagree with me about that as a
general proposition. But I think everyone agrees that in this sense free
software does not have value.

Graham

Michel