From: Tere Vadén <tere gnu-darwin.org>
To: list-en oekonux.org
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2007 5:45:06 PM
Subject: Re: [ox-en] Triply-Free software

The table in which "triple-free" appears can now be found here:
http://nuvatsia.terevaden.net/podpress_trac/web/345/0/four-stages-of-freedom.pdf

I'm not sure if there exists a "definition" as such; the point is just
to note that in addition to the characteristics of double-free,
triple-free peer production (whether in free software, media,
education...) includes the ownership of the means of production down to

the level of electricity, the physical infra etc. I'm thinking of
 Gandhi
in South-Africa: when he with his colleagues wanted to start a
 newspaper
highlighting the racial/economic/legal issues, they could not get it
printed (economy + censorship), so they bought a printing press and
moved with it to the country where they grew their own food & wrote &
published. I'm thinking that something like this might in the long run
be necessary if we want to escape the dependency & falling back of peer

production to waged labour.

Best,

Tere

Be a better pen pal.