Re: [ox-en] Re: [ox-en] DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT - CfC for the conference - DRAFT DRAFTDRAFT

First of all, let me just note that the description of the logic of the
sharing platforms, as a capitalist format but which enables the direct
creation of use value by user communities, is just a description, there is
nothing utopian about, it is just happening. What matters is to understand
this dynamic, from both sides. I think that one of the reasons that is
happening is just that it is a way to make money, and for the user
communities, a pragmatic way to share, in conditions in which they are not
easily able to create alternatives.

Sharing communities of creative individuals have weak network ties, unlike
in the commons format, where the proprietary formats create a group dynamic
and common party, and we can see that those communities create their own
institutional infrastructures. This reason, different proprietary licenses,
different combinations of communities and for profit companies, is the
reason why the distinction is important.

Are they progress or not. Well that depends whether you find it important
that hundreds of millions of additional humans are enabled to share or not.
Is it sufficient, no. But you can certainly built on the psychological and
sociological changes that a generalization of sharing induces. And the
conflicts inherent in the sharing economy, leads either to adaptation by the
platform owners, or to alternative commons production.

See http://www.re-public.gr/en/?p=261

Michel

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 3:59 PM, Dmytri Kleiner <dk telekommunisten.net>