Re: [ox-en] Information goods as genuine societal goods

Hi Stefan,

I think the definition of universal good has merit.

If you make a rival product, only certain people can use it, sharing
is possible, but difficultly scaleable.

If you have a non-rival digital product that is networked, the sharing
is eminently shareable, it is universally available to all in the
network.

I believe this is the meaning of its universalness, and I think that,
subject to certain qualifications this is 'essentially' true.

If they say the computer is a universal machine, the meaning is
somewhat different, it means that the computer can make anything else,
i.e. the universal intermediary.

Michel