Re: [ox-en] There is no such thing like "peer money"

Stefan Meretz wrote:
The calculation is impossible. You can't break down "complex labour" to "simple-labour" -- how could this be done? Again, it is a misunderstanding, that "value" is something, which can be calculated or even transformed in prices, because it is a societal relationship and not a "thing". Yes, I know, that have been thousands of economists who tried this, but nobody reach success (sorry, Paul).

It can be done by adding up the time taken to train different trades and
professions and amortising this over either the working life, or the
period of obsolescence of the skill , whichever is the shorter.

Is it value or exchange value that you mean is a social relationship?

Exchange value certainly is presented by Marx as a relation in the
strict sense of Cobbs relational algebra, but is value also a relation?

( This is a genuine question, I have a take on it myself, but would
like to see yours ).