Re: [ox-en] extrinsic motivation = coercion

My point is that your description of markets is inherently reductionist.

These are not separate issues.

Entitlement is not free.  There is a price.  Someone pays.

It is not merely relativism, either.

What do you think this discussion is about?  I will attempt to make my
point clearer.

I have read all the threads and I was growing weary of the
reductionism, so I jumped in.

Originally Adam Smith posited the "invisible hand" as exactly all
these "other issues" correcting the power of producers to set prices,
inevitably 'forcing' all costs to 'marginal,' as you put it.

By slicing off the left hand you are making the same incomplete
argument as those who say a free market is equated with no government
intervention.

Free software is 'supported' by all of these scaffolds.  Labeling them
as irrelevant or adding that their net effect creates the opportunity
for 'marginal cost' doesn't make them any less important.