Re: [ox-en] Re: Athina Karatzogianni * Confronting the difficulties of learning from the open source for contemporary social movements

I'd put it differently. Free Software / peer production *is not* a
social movement

I do not gree

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_movement

*"Social movements* are a type of group
action<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_action_%28sociology%29>.
They are large informal <http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/informal> groupings
of individuals <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Individual> and/or
organizations <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organization> focused on
specific political <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics> or
social<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social>issues, in other words, on
carrying out, resisting or undoing a social
change <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_change>."

Of course not all people involved in free software are part of "the
movement" or part of a movement

but there are people (me an others)  that are part of a movement trying to
change society. We want that all software (and for me knowledge) will be
free.

Not all people agree with that objetive, but some of us, yes.

--
Diego Saravia
Diego.Saravia gmail.com