From: lincoln dahlberg <l.j.dahlberg xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wednesday, April 13, 2011 12:08 pm
Subject: Re: [jox] Strategy / Content
To: journal oekonux.org

Thanks Mathieu,
re future content, I know how hard it is to get good content,
when editing
another journal that was very much on the fringes of
international academic
publishing (NZ Sociology) we had to run special issues often,
targeting people
as the material that we got from general calls was in general
pretty poor, as
people kept sending
their best stuff to the so called 'top ranked' refereed journals
and would send
us their second bests, treating us like some sort of dumping
ground for
half-baked thoughts/research.  Just a thought for one way
to go, commissioning
special issues editors to initially target material.
best