Message 00819 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: [jox] CSPP: Editors

Hi everybody,

a colleague of mine used the CSPP form to get in touch with the journal about submitting a paper and he told me he received no replies so far. I don't know who receives those emails (Mathieu, I suppose?) but could you please let me know if the submission system is in place?

I think the online form is problematic, as it does not allow people to submit papers unless they get in touch with the editors, and this seems a bit odd to me. Why does a journal devoted to open and peer production establish a non-transparent filter at the very beginning of the publication process?

I am also wondering whether its current form (the way the website presents research papers, debate section and so on) is appropriate. Sometimes I am afraid CSPP doesn't look like a journal. In my opinion, it would be clearer and more easily browsable if it were divided into issues.

My two cents!

Take care

Hi all

So far in the CSPP journal the editorial work - liaising with authors
and reviewers, providing feedback, copy-editing, layout etc - was
being done by one person only. This has proved to be unworkable.

To remedy this problem I approached a few people  with good writing
skills who had demonstrated through their work a commitment to the
project. I asked whether they would like to give a hand by joining in
as co-editors, and I am delighted to report positive responses from
Athina Karatzogianni, George Michaelides, Johan Söderberg, Maurizio
Teli and Nate Tkacz. I want to thank them all publicly for this sign
of support to the project.

We have begun dividing the work necessary to finalise the second
issue so some authors will be contacted by one of them instead of
myself about their work.

In terms of more precise definitions of roles, capacities, terms of
office, etc, while recognising that these are important points, my
preference would be to set organisational issues aside until after the
second issue has been released.

cheers,

Mathieu

Alessandro Delfanti
ICS, Innovations in the Communication of Science
Sissa, Trieste, Italy
delfanti sissa.it
http://people.sissa.it/~delfanti/

Message 00819 [Homepage] [Navigation]