of 1844, and also in Marx' doctoral dissertation (although the
most important parts of the disseration are lost).

A recent critique of Hegel and Marx can be found at
Recht, Christine (2002) Warum mit Marx marschiert, aber schlecht Walzer getanzt werden kann. Versuch einer Kritik der Tanzschule.
http://sammelpunkt.philo.at:8[PHONE NUMBER REMOVED]/

Greetings,
Till

Stefan Meretz schrieb:
On 2008-02-05 00:47, Michel Bauwens wrote:
I was wondering, so, you believe dialectical reasoning is still
valid, despite the critiques that have been levelled against it
(cornelis castoriadis comes to mind). Have you been aware of those.
There have also been various proposals to go beyond it, I remember
reading about trialectics one.

Just a general statement about this would be useful to me,

My general statement, Michel, is, that I am in the process of learning dialectis directly from the source, namely G.F.W. Hegel (letting you know, where I am). My experience is, that most followers -- be they affirmative or critical -- did not get, what Hegel wants, or they oversimplify his thinking, or both (if they read him at all). This includes, that my thinking is even yet too simple.

If you have links to critiques, I would appreciate any hints. However, I would favor emancipatory approaches and not backward-oriented ones. I am sure that there must be some postmodern critiques. What I know is this, but it says not much: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialectic#Criticism_of_dialectic

Trialectics sounds weird to me. I found something about a training method in skiing and some esoteric stuff. Nothing that seems to be directed to philosophical dialectics according to Hegel. And no entry in de- or en-Wikipedia.

Ciao,

Till Mossakowski      Cartesium, room 2.051  Phone +49-421-218-64226
DFKI Lab Bremen                              Fax +49-421-218-9864226
Safe & Secure Cognitive Systems             Till.Mossakowski dfki.de
Enrique-Schmidt-Str. 5, D-28359 Bremen   http://www.dfki.de/sks/till

principal office, *not* the address for mail etc.!!!:
Trippstadter Str. 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern
management board: Prof. Wolfgang Wahlster (chair), Dr. Walter Olthoff
supervisory board: Prof. Hans A. Aukes (chair)
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313