Message 00377 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Splitting of technical stuff (was: Re: [jox] Suggested Site Structure)

Hi Mathieu and all!

5 days ago Mathieu ONeil wrote:
I have been thinking for some time that not everyone on this list is interested in reading the details of how we set up the website. The spirit of openness needs to be balanced against the spirit of not overloading people with information they are not that interested in, inasmuch as the people on the list are mainly interested in the content of the site / journal and not the technical details of site configuration. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't want people to start deleting list messages if they assume it will be a couple people discussing technical tweaks. What does everyone think? We could post regular updates or something.

Valid point.

One of the nice things in the Internet is that you can simply have yet
another social space with a separate goal. I'd suggest to create a
parallel mailing list for technical stuff which is open for everyone
but not mandatory (as I consider this list for the scientific
committee). Of course such a list would also be archived on the Web so
less interested people can follow special threads at any time if they
want to.

I can set this up quickly if I get the go. Mathieu?

Message 00377 [Homepage] [Navigation]