From: graham <graham theseamans.net>
Date: Thursday, September 9, 2010 2:51 pm
Subject: Re: Action September [was: Re: [jox] elsevier]
To: journal oekonux.org

On 08/29/10 21:35, Mathieu ONeil wrote:

As for your question: essentially we will publish anything, as
long as the author accepts that the published paper
is accompanied by 'signals' regarding relevance, quality etc:
as
said previously the cost of publication or rejection
is intended to be borne by the author.

Having trouble understanding this: how does 'cost of rejection'
fit with
'we will publish anything'? And is the 'cost' here meant to mean
the reputational cost of having bad work published with negative
reviewsrather than just being rejected, or is there some other
kind of cost
intended?

I'm not trying to reopen old debates, just having trouble
finding the
conclusions looking through the list archives.

Thanks

Graham

****
Dr Mathieu O'Neil
Adjunct Research Fellow
Australian Demographic and Social Research Institute
College of Arts and Social Science
The Australian National University
email: mathieu.oneil[at]anu.edu.au
web: http://adsri.anu.edu.au/people/visitors/mathieu.php