Message 00658 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Spam filter problems (was: Re: [jox] Free Software Special Issue)

Hi Alessandro, Mathieu, all!

3 days ago Alessandro Delfanti wrote:
Have you figured why some of your posts bounce and others not?

no idea!

I checked this case because I also had no obvious explanation.

Normally all members of all Oekonux lists are automatically
whitelisted so mails from all subscribed addresses are automatically
considered ham. However, this mechanism seemed not to work for
Alessandro.

I learnt that the reload mechanism of our spam filter did not work for
quite some time :-( . Thus the whitelist in the running demon was
quite outdated and did not contain Alessandro. I fixed this (by fixing
`/etc/init.d/spamassassin`) and after that Alessandro's mail were
flagged as ham.

This fix may solve some more problems since this didn't work for quite
some time. In general all subscribers should not be stopped by the
spam filter.

Message 00658 [Homepage] [Navigation]