Message 00996 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: [jox] p2p and market

I've lost you on the punishment thing?

who exactly was I proposing to punish ... seems to me you misunderstood
something vital in the previous communication, I don't even recall that
theme coming up

distributed empire, as in Negri?Hardt's Empire, is a global system where
power is distributed and not easily located in any simple way. Typically in
Empire, it's a global system of financial,military,civl power, no longer
localizable in any westphalian state

the fact that financial powers are obliging the nominally powerful EU to
apply slash and burn policies in Greece is a case in point

there is nothing particular militant about using allies/enemies ... it's a
reality for everyone in politics, and I'm sure, in personal life, unless
you are so lucky to have no one at all that is hostile to you; in that
case, you are a very lucky man

so enemies/allies is just a factual recognition that if you are involved in
social change, some people/forces will support it, others will oppose it;
and most often this is indeed contextual; you may appreciate the concern of
disttributism to distribute power and property amongst everyone in society,
while not agree with their stand on homosexual marriage, to use just one
example

I will make the strong hypothetis here that almost no one agrees 100% with
anyone esle, and so these considerations are always operative

the real question is, how do you seek and achieve common ground ... my own
take on this is the construction of a grand alliance of the commons, as
something that can potentially unite a very large number of people, and so,
to use the old gramscian language, to achieve a new 'hegemony' that can
replaced the defeat and destruction of the old hegemony of labour movements