Re: [ox-en] Re: Critique on "Robert Kurz * Die universelle Harry-Potter-Maschine"

Hi Graham and all!

Last week (12 days ago) graham wrote:
Stefan Merten wrote:
Last week (9 days ago) josx wrote:
There some texts about Kurz that critics free software movement.

DIE UNIVERSELLE HARRY-POTTER-MASCHINE
pt: http://obeco.planetaclix.pt/rkurz208.htm
de:
http://www.exit-online.org/html/link.php?tab=autoren&kat=Robert+Kurz&ktext=Die+universelle+Harry-Potter-Maschine

Well, this is all so stupid and especially for the parts referring to
Free Software the best insight from this text is that Kurz does not
know what he is talking about.

I don't find the article as a whole so stupid. At the end, yes, it
degenerates into random insults, a bizarre accusation of anti-semitism,

Accusation of anti-semitism is not really bizarre but probably hard to
understand outside German leftists scenes...

and demonstrations of ignorance about software; but I think it also
contains real criticisms which need answering.

Part of his criticism is with Negri/Hardt - which I mostly share.

Part of his criticism is on some (in the sense he uses it) illusionary
Free Software movement. Since I don't know what statements / positions
he actually refers to it is rather useless to say something about it.
Its pointless to care about a position nobody has. May be you can give
us an idea?

Partly because I agree
with some of them - I wrote almost exactly the same comments as him
about fabbers to Stefan Mz.

I don't know what the problems with fabbers is actually. Fabbers share
with computers that they are universal machines. Fabbers produce
material things while computers deal with information. Also fabbers
connect the information sphere with the material sphere more (visible)
than any other machine. Insofar fabbers are an interesting concept if
you look at changes which happen in the information sphere (first).
What more? What's wrong with this?

I did like the line about poor artists
<em>and theorists</em> not being paid properly for their work - who
could he be thinking of? ;-)

Certainly.