Re: [ox-en] Re: Assorted topics

On 13 Mar 2004 at 10:01, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

I don't know what kind of Alice in Wonderland discussions these posts
are related to, but it seems abundantly clear that most of it, if not
all of it, is totally off-topic to this list.

You should read them more closely. I take them as an allegorical
illustration of the dynamics of cooperative production. Why do you
think there were versioned jumpers?

You should try reading the "I Ching", then come back to us.

What is more, they are cc:ing someone who has been asked to stay off
the list.

Since some on this list made it clear it was him or them, he has
gone. He continues to privately comment with a subsection of this
list's members without involving this list and those still in this
list have tried their best to respect everyone's wishes. In fact, I
believe a separate list is going to be set up as Jonathan is
contributing a useful viewpoint (as some of us said he would).

but what Adam Moran is doing occasionally
sending cc:s of his private discussions with this guy to the list is
beyond my comprehension.

When you're writing an email intended for seven recipients, you place
all seven in the To: field. It's much easier if all seven are on the
same mailing list as then you only need type one, but that isn't the
case here.

Can the list admin exercise some long needed leadership here before
the list is rendered completely useless? I am not going to stay much
longer if this farce continues.

Who has contributed the most interesting, useful and productive posts
on ox-en now during the last few weeks? This is after all a forum for
bouncing ideas off each other and there are many ways of doing this
other than literally.

If a few more people stopped bitching about imaginary demons and put
the time and work Adam puts into writing his allegories, we'd be
going somewhere instead of chasing our tails. I only wish I had
Adam's literary talents.

Cheers,
Niall